How you can use Happi
Explore the practical scenarios that our users wanted to address
and how Happi’s network infracture design and provisioning tools
solve those problems.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND CLOUD STRATEGY
Users wanted a visual tool to map out the future paths of their project from the current situation to the final design.
- Graphical representation of each project stage for a visual walkthrough
- Multi-user collaboration for viewing and editing
- Ability to categorise assets for each stage and run reports for costs and timelines
Users wanted a way to connect multiple platforms, including public cloud resources, to a centralised control panel, with each different cloud optimised for a particular task.
- Multi-vendor equipment into multi-vendor locations provides a full representation of all hosting resources and assets in the organisation
- Provision and manage from a single portal through API connections
- Representation and management of multiple cloud platforms in one place
- Resource synchronisation with public cloud platforms
Users wanted a means to quickly and efficiently describe exactly how their equipment should be installed when sending it to a third-party facility, without having to draw it out in Visio then key it back into an internal asset system.
- Provide detailed, NIC-by-NIC cabling instructions for third parties or internal staff
- Complete control over change management processes
- Ongoing support and maintenance is visually represented, removing the risk of cross-territory language barriers
VALIDATED VENDOR BLUEPRINTS
Users wanted to start from a vendor-supported frame of reference and then right-size for their own resource requirements, without having to trawl through whitepapers and literature around reference architecture.
- Templates that offer fully supported, vendor-validated blueprints and designs
- Ability to quickly swap-out or upgrade assets to right-size the environment
- Presales support available to finalise configurations and achieve deal-registered pricing
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT
Users wanted a simple, yet powerful control panel to catalogue and manage hundreds, to thousands, of assets across a global footprint. The control panel should also incorporate user permissions and change management processes, handle multiple suppliers and multiple platforms, and allow for flexible reporting and categorisation.
- Catalogue and import as many assets as required, across as many locations as needed
- Set user controls and permissions across the organisation at an environment, asset, or tag level
- Receive real-time updates – supported for any platform that has an API